GoCarma collects data when you: 1) sign up 2) are detected in a vehicle.
1) Data collected during sign-up
When you sign up GoCarma collects the following user data:
- *Phone Number
- Vehicle Details (toll transponder tag ID, license plate, mailing address)
*denotes a required field
2) Data collected when you're detected in a registered vehicle
GoCarma only collects the following data when you are in a vehicle with a GoCarma Pass located in its glove box:
- Time data: the time at which you are detected in a registered car
- Vehicle data: a vehicle ID related to a vehicle that is registered in GoCarma
- Occupant data: a GoCarma user ID related to the person who registered with with GoCarma
- GPS data: GoCarma rarely collects GPS data as an additional verification of HOV eligibility at toll gantry locations. Learn more about how GoCarma uses Location Services here.