Note: The only place to confirm that you are getting a HOV toll discount is on your monthly toll statement.
If you believe that you should have received an HOV toll discount, but you were charged a full toll amount, please follow these steps:
- Check your toll statement: You'll need the details of the toll you were charged (e.g. time, vehicle)
- Open GoCarma: Open the History screen in GoCarma
- No matching transaction? Compare the time of the toll transaction in your toll statement with the transactions listed in the History screen. If there is no matching transaction in GoCarma, there are some possible causes. The first thing to do is to check the Vehicles screen and ensure that you have added the vehicle correctly. Are the license plate and toll tag numbers correct? If not, please contact our support team. However, if the vehicle details are correct and the status of the vehicle is "Active," this is likely an issue beyond our control. For example, if your toll tag is not read at the toll gantry, the toll operator may not ask GoCarma for your HOV status and you will not get the HOV discount. In this case, please contact NTTA and they will be able to help you.
- Another vehicle? Please make sure that the vehicle in your toll transaction is the same as the vehicle you have set up in GoCarma. You can check your vehicles on the Vehicles screen. This article describes how to set up a new vehicle.
- Matching transaction, but not HOV? If there is a matching transaction, but it does not include any mention of "HOV" or "2+," this means the occupancy of your vehicle was not reported as 2 or higher. Please read this article to ensure you are set up correctly. Make sure that each person in the car is reported as "In Car" when they open the app. If each person in the car has GoCarma setup correctly, and you still did not get an HOV toll discount, please send us a message with the details of your transaction. Our team will review the details and get back to you shortly.
- Matching transaction, listed as HOV, but still no discount? In this case, GoCarma is working correctly, but it is possible that the toll operator has not applied an HOV discount (e.g. because your toll account is not in good standing). Please check your toll account status online and then contact the NTTA to resolve any issues.